Knock knock
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-18 20:06:56 UTC
Can anyone see me?

We're back in The Netherlands, just testing my new internet service,
newsgroups should be good on this one.

Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
skyeyes
2005-03-18 20:08:56 UTC
Hi, Gwen!!!! You've been conspicuous by your absence.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
skyeyes at dakotacom dot net
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-18 20:32:25 UTC
Post by skyeyes
Hi, Gwen!!!! You've been conspicuous by your absence.
Well, about a week before leaving, my harddisk packed up. Or not the
disk itself, the controller! So there I was, nothing but boxes,
sleeping on a mattress, with no internet. It was tough, I tell ya!
--
Here's a health to the company and one to my lass
Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass
http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/gwenhyffar
Erosion
2005-03-18 20:13:24 UTC
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
Google Groups users can. :-)
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
We're back in The Netherlands, just testing my new internet service,
newsgroups should be good on this one.
Glad to hear it.
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
More heartbreaks and vibes requests than fun, but a few fun OT threads
here and there.

Erosion
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-18 20:39:44 UTC
Post by Erosion
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
Google Groups users can. :-)
Yeah, bugger the no-archive <ggg>
Post by Erosion
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
More heartbreaks and vibes requests than fun, but a few fun OT threads
here and there.
Durn. And 2500 messages waiting for me. Oh boy.
Gutterboy
2005-03-19 00:22:03 UTC
Post by Erosion
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
Google Groups users can. :-)
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
More heartbreaks and vibes requests than fun, but a few fun OT threads
here and there.
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.

Welcome back.

Gutterboy
Rabbit
2005-03-19 00:44:49 UTC
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit,
Was that Pete?

I could have *sworn* it was George Clooney!

Rabbit, severely disappointed and now pregnant for no reason at all
Gutterboy
2005-03-19 01:00:57 UTC
Post by Rabbit
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit,
Was that Pete?
I could have *sworn* it was George Clooney!
You're right. I forgot.

Pete also impregnated George Clooney.

Gutterboy
Rabbit
2005-03-19 01:06:41 UTC
Post by Gutterboy
Pete also impregnated George Clooney.
Great. It'll look like Clark Gable and sing the blues like Delbert
McClinton.

Rabbit
Pete
2005-03-20 00:38:02 UTC
Post by Rabbit
Great. It'll look like Clark Gable and sing the blues like Delbert
McClinton.
Not too bad, no?...Pete
--
Work hard, rock hard, sleep hard, eat hard, grow big,
wear glasses if you need 'em - Webb Wilder
Pete
2005-03-20 00:37:31 UTC
Post by Gutterboy
Pete also impregnated George Clooney.
He said it was good for him...Pete
Pete
2005-03-20 00:37:10 UTC
Post by Rabbit
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit,
Was that Pete?
I could have *sworn* it was George Clooney!
Rabbit, severely disappointed and now pregnant for no reason at all
You SAID it was GOOD FOR YOU!!!...Pete
Kent
2005-03-19 03:38:14 UTC
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
That was the same day that nilkids said something that made sense, right?

Kent
Rabbit
2005-03-19 03:40:10 UTC
Post by Kent
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
That was the same day that nilkids said something that made sense, right?
Kent
No. The pregnancies happened; we're still waiting on the making sense thing.

Rabbit
Kari
2005-03-19 16:28:03 UTC
Post by Rabbit
Post by Kent
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
That was the same day that nilkids said something that made sense, right?
Kent
No. The pregnancies happened; we're still waiting on the making sense thing.
But...but...I thought y'all just fell pregnant after
Pete's V reversal.

Kari
--
Kari Levstik
***@verizon.net
Rabbit
2005-03-19 17:30:31 UTC
Post by Kari
But...but...I thought y'all just fell pregnant after
Pete's V reversal.
No, no, no. I fell off the wagon. That's how Pete got me pregnant.

Rabbit
Debbie the Dogged
2005-03-20 00:01:58 UTC
In article <***@individual.net>, ***@sorryspammers.com
says...
Post by Rabbit
Post by Kari
But...but...I thought y'all just fell pregnant after
Pete's V reversal.
No, no, no. I fell off the wagon. That's how Pete got me pregnant.
Next time you fall off a wagon, keep your knees crossed.
--
Debbie the Dogged das at spamcop dot net
"Poodles are space aliens who think they've disguised
themselves as dogs." - Paghat the Ratgirl
mroo philpott-smythe
2005-06-16 06:00:21 UTC
Post by Rabbit
Post by Kent
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and
J.D. (not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
That was the same day that nilkids said something that made sense, right?
No. The pregnancies happened; we're still waiting on the making sense thing.
Yeah, *it's* theme song is "Start making sense".

sq, "It'll happen ... some lifetime"
mroo philpott-smythe
2005-06-16 05:59:29 UTC
Post by Kent
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
That was the same day that nilkids said something that made sense, right?
Oh, WHAT?? Has the world ended??

sq, "I *would've* missed it!"
Pete
2005-03-20 00:36:22 UTC
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
HEY BUTTFACE, didn't you get my last email? Sent it to Gmail...Pete
Gutterboy
2005-03-21 02:58:11 UTC
Post by Pete
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
HEY BUTTFACE, didn't you get my last email? Sent it to Gmail...Pete
Yes, if it was the one sent March 3rd...didn't you get my reply?

Gutterboy
J.D. Spangler
2005-03-20 03:58:18 UTC
In article <***@individual.net>, ***@upperdecker.com
says...
Post by Gutterboy
Post by Erosion
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
Google Groups users can. :-)
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
More heartbreaks and vibes requests than fun, but a few fun OT threads
here and there.
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
I'm still not sure either... at least the doctors say I'll be able to sit
down in about two weeks.
--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler,
regurgitating it on me I really shouldn't have to give a damn."
Michelle in WA state
2005-03-21 04:55:43 UTC
Post by Gutterboy
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
Oops... Gutterboy, don't forget nil! (Obviously Pete must've had waaaay
too much to drink, to sink so low, but... what can ya say.)

-- Michelle

Please, Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die.
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-21 11:38:23 UTC
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:22:03 -0600, Gutterboy
Post by Gutterboy
Post by Erosion
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
Google Groups users can. :-)
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
More heartbreaks and vibes requests than fun, but a few fun OT threads
here and there.
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
Right, insert Twilight Zone music in here somewhere, I'm sure!

Brrrrrrrrr.
mroo philpott-smythe
2005-06-16 06:02:23 UTC
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:22:03 -0600, Gutterboy
[snip]
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Post by Gutterboy
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
Right, insert Twilight Zone music in here somewhere, I'm sure!
I know just where to insert it.

sq, "But I'm not saying"

mroo philpott-smythe
2005-06-16 05:58:11 UTC
Post by Gutterboy
Post by Erosion
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
Google Groups users can. :-)
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
More heartbreaks and vibes requests than fun, but a few fun OT threads
here and there.
Pete got his vasectomy reversed and impregnated Rabbit, Mroo, and J.D.
(not sure how that last one happened), but other than that, no.
Good thing *I* missed that.
Post by Gutterboy
Welcome back.
Yeah, me too.

Boy is Gutterboi in trouble.

sq, still 8K+ messages to catch up on.
Caine
2005-03-18 20:15:03 UTC
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
We're back in The Netherlands, just testing my new internet service,
newsgroups should be good on this one.
Gwenhyffar, good to see ya! Glad you're back. Are you getting all settled
in? How's the house you found?
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
About 8 tons of happy food talk. ;)
--
Caine
I can't waste valuable bitching time. - John Waters
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-18 20:40:56 UTC
Post by Caine
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
We're back in The Netherlands, just testing my new internet service,
newsgroups should be good on this one.
Gwenhyffar, good to see ya! Glad you're back. Are you getting all settled
in? How's the house you found?
As settled in as possible with about 60 unpacked boxes left, but we
can sit, sleep and cook, so we're ok! The house is lovely, a 3-bedroom
semi-detached in a tiny village in the North of The Netherlands.
Enough amenities to make it comfy, and enough peace and quiet to make
it livable for us.
Post by Caine
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
About 8 tons of happy food talk. ;)
Ahhhhh.... fooooooood...
Caine
2005-03-18 21:14:11 UTC
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Post by Caine
About 8 tons of happy food talk. ;)
Ahhhhh.... fooooooood...
And there is the Marmite Ad post that turned into a horror movie thread. :)
Rabbit
2005-03-18 20:31:23 UTC
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
No! Where is ya?

Rabbit
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-18 20:38:52 UTC
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:31:23 -0500, "Rabbit"
Post by Rabbit
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
No! Where is ya?
In a little village in the North of The Netherlands, about 20 metres
away from nothing but fields, flat fields, not a mountain in sight!
Erosion
2005-03-18 21:08:33 UTC
Post by Rabbit
No! Where is ya?
In a little village in the North of The Netherlands, about 20 metres
away from nothing but fields, flat fields, not a mountain in sight!
I'd ask you if there were any dikes in sight (instead of mountains),
but someone would surely take it the wrong way, and the thread would
get hijacked.

Glad to see you back.

Erosion
Aleks A.-Lessmann
2005-03-19 12:36:15 UTC
Post by Erosion
I'd ask you if there were any dikes in sight (instead of mountains),
In the Netherlands they are even allowed to marry.
Post by Erosion
but someone would surely take it the wrong way, and the thread would
No, I'm not making the joke. No Way, No How.

SCNR
Aleks
--
"I have no doubt that the fundamental problem the planet
faces is the enormous increase of the human population"
David Attenborough
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-21 11:39:56 UTC
Post by Rabbit
No! Where is ya?
In a little village in the North of The Netherlands, about 20 metres
away from nothing but fields, flat fields, not a mountain in sight!
I'd ask you if there were any dikes in sight (instead of mountains),
but someone would surely take it the wrong way, and the thread would
get hijacked.
Not directly, but if I walk a bit further I'm sure I'll stumble over a
few!
Hermit
2005-03-19 20:49:36 UTC
Hey, good to hear from you again! How did the move go?
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-20 09:56:12 UTC
Post by Hermit
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
We're back in The Netherlands, just testing my new internet service,
newsgroups should be good on this one.
Hey, good to hear from you again! How did the move go?
Not too bad, not too bad. The last few days were horrendous. Hubby
left for our new home to do some decorating 10 days before we were due
to move, and I stayed on to do the packing. About a week before the
move my harddisk controller zonked out and all I had left was boxes, a
mattress on the floor and 4 channels on the telly, one of which was
Ess bloody pedwar bloody Ec, so that left three.

No car, so long walks with the dog during the day and nothing to do at
night.

Still, removal day came, the big truck was filled up, everything fit,
next day we drove to Hull and in the morning up to our new house,
where everything was finished and done and all we had to do was move
our stuff in and get the boxes unpacked.

We of course had our fill of the Dutch administrative system
straightaway, which cost us a day but that's all done now as well.

Next day hubby put up the new multipc modem and we could plug in two
computers, my harddisk controller is gone, so hubby gave me the
laptop, which I still have to reorganise as it was his travel machine,
but at least I can sit on the sofa and type away marvelling at my new
home.

It's different. We've lived in this area before, so at least that's
not new, but there is an enormous difference between waking up and
seeing the mountains and waking up and seeing the flat fields
stretching for miles. A 20 metre walk and I'm in the middle of
nowhere, which is good.

We've got a lovely three bedroom semi-detached in a very small
village, so it's nice and quiet and although it seems to be brat
central, one of the advantages of a tiny village seems to be that
they're that much better behaved. And not too many teenagers, as
there's no secondary school (just two primary schools), so no youfs
hanging around at night causing havoc.

It's quiet here too, which is nice, because I was rather worried about
soundlevels, I do like the quiet.

We have a South facing garden which is big enough to have a
veggy-patch in, we're on a sideroad so no through traffic (well, there
really is no through traffic in this village), and one thing I do
enjoy is the big windows and the fact that there is light in the house
without having to turn lights on, which we didn't have in our little
cottage in Wales.

I was sad to leave Wales, and especially sad to leave our house, but
this place has advantages too and all in all I'm quite sure we did the
right thing in going back, if only for the far superior healthcare
that you get here as compared to where we were.

The dog has been rather confused, and has woken us up a few times at
night howling, but last night she didn't howl until it was almost time
to get up, so she's getting used to it as well. I think once all the
stuff is in its place she'll be fine.

And of course it was good fun meeting up with old friends, going round
to see what has changed and what hasn't, and finding all the
advantages in our new home (about 15 years old), such as as much hot
water as you want throughout the day, square rooms and more channels
on the telly than you can throw a stick at <gggg>.

All in all, I think we did the right thing, at least when we're both
old and decrepit, it'll be easier to get out the house when we don't
have to climb up our drive to do it!
Hermit
2005-03-20 20:47:24 UTC
"Gwenhyffar Milgi" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

<Moving tale snipped>

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you've got a sweet little place there;
being able to potter around in a veggie garden in peace and quiet is
definitely heading towards nirvana. I'm sure the dog will be fine too,
especially as you say with his familiar-smelling stuff around him, and the
fact that he can look out of those huge windows and see where he goes for
walkies. Bliss all round!
n***@invalid.com.au
2005-03-21 02:57:28 UTC
In Message-ID:<***@4ax.com>
posted on Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:06:56 +0100, Gwenhyffar Milgi
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
We're back in The Netherlands, just testing my new internet service,
newsgroups should be good on this one.
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
Gee, dunno, Gwenhyffar Milgi, have always wondered,
actually!

Are really seeking "fun" or "intelligence"?

If the latter, have you followed my posts?

Regards,
"nilkids"
Gwenhyffar Milgi
2005-03-21 11:43:10 UTC
Post by Gwenhyffar Milgi
Can anyone see me?
We're back in The Netherlands, just testing my new internet service,
newsgroups should be good on this one.
Have I missed anything fun while I've been away?
Gee, dunno, Gwenhyffar Milgi, have always wondered,
actually!
Are really seeking "fun" or "intelligence"?
If the latter, have you followed my posts?
Gee, if the latter, following your posts would be a waste of time,
wouldn't it.

Come to think of it, if the former, following your posts would be a
waste of time as well, other than the usual Schadenfreude when you
once again demonstrate you know Jack Shit about Bugger All.